Saturday, June 27, 2009

Custard

Custard has always been one of my favorite desserts. It used to be a staple at my family friend's place. The more often I ate it, the more I loved it.
The other day while shopping, I set my eyes on this Wakefield Custard powder mix. I picked it on a impulse.
This is my custard recipe. Dint really copy the recipe as it was in the carton, I gave my own little variations.

Custard by far is the easiest desserts to make. The only thing you have to be careful about is the consistency. If you heat it too much, there are chances of it getting burnt.

Ingredients:
50gms Custard Powder
4Tbsp Sugar
1/2 Milk (not boiled)
4-5 cherries for decoration

How to:

First mix the custard powder with 5tbsps of milk. Bring to a paste consistency.
Now boil the remaining milk. When the milk comes to a boil add the custard mixture little by little.
Then add sugar.
Keep stirring continuously and wait for it to thicken.
Once it thickens take if off the flame.
Let it cool for a while.
Pour into moulds of your choice and refrigerate.
Serve as you like it.
You can either eat it as it is, or use it as a topping for cakes.
I like it plain :)

Happy Experimenting!

3 comments: